Lahore Traffic Police has introduced a new digital system to get a computerized driving license in Lahore quite easily. The main purpose of bringing the modern system was to reduce waiting time and long queues for the public.
The government has successfully updated the new system in Traffice police centers Manawan, Arfa Karim Tower, and DHA center in Lahore with the cooperation of the Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB).
With the help of the Pakistan Information Technology Board (PITB), now you can apply for a driving license through the digital system DLIMS. Through DLIMS, the process of driver license issuance has been spread out to 36 districts across Punjab.
Here is the list of driving license centers in Lahore:
- Mobeen Shaheed Manawan Testing Center
- Greater Iqbal Park Facilitation Center
- Railway Station Booth
- Peer Makki Lower Mall Booth
- Lahore Chamber of Commerce Booth
- Samanabad Booth
- Liberty Facilitation Center
- DHA Testing Center
- Cantt Booth
- Raiwind Booth Pajiyan Chowk
Following Is the Process of Getting Computerized Driving License in Lahore
To facilitate users, the Lahore Traffic Police have divided the process of getting a computerized license into two phases:
- Login to the DLIMS Website.
- Download the required form in the download sections.
- Fill the form
- Submit the required documents to the nearest licensing center.
- Get a token number from the nearest center
- Complete the photograph taking process
- Take a computerized multiple-choice and theoretical test
- The first step of Phase-II of the process of getting a computerized driving license in Lahore is an on-road driving test
- If the candidate passes the test, they are eligible for getting a driving license
- If they fail the test, they can retake the test after 42 days
- Previously, the test used to be difficult, however, in light of the new changes the candidate reportedly only needs to secure 50% marks in the computerized test.
Following are the required documents for a learner’s license in Lahore:
- A copy of CNIC
- A PKR 60 ticket from any post office
- From traffic police office get a code book of traffic regulations
- Medical certificate required for the candidates of 50 years or more
Required documents for permanent driving license in Lahore
- Application Form A
- Original learner’s permit of at least 6 weeks.
- Medical certificate
- 3 attested passport size fresh photographs
- An attested copy of CNIC
- Paste the fees ticket on the document