Thousands of workers return from the United Arab Emirates to their hometown in Pakistan, but they will soon be able to purchase a ticket for the trip for as little as Rs. 15,000.
After the airline begins operations in Pakistan, Wizz Air Abu Dhabi intends to offer lower ticket prices to Wizz Discount Club members; the federal government has already authorized the operation, but some formalities must be completed.
Wizz Air Abu Dhabi officer and managing director Johan Eidhagen recently told Khaleej Times that Wizz Discount Club members have access to year-round promotions and special prices.
People can get tickets for less than Dh179, he said, adding that the UAE loves deals and Wizz Air Abu Dhabi is the cheap king.
The Managing Director stated that people can subscribe to the Wizz Air newsletter to be among the first to learn about new deals and promotions, and that no particular number of seats are allotted during promotions, but different seats may have varying pricing.
“The best way to get the deal is to plan ahead of time rather than wait until the last minute.” Plan your trip at least six months in advance. “However, try at least 2-3 months in advance when fares are, on average, the cheapest,” he said.
The federal government of Pakistan authorized Wizz Air Abu Dhabi’s decision to operate in the country last month. The airline is a joint venture between the state-owned ADQ (previously, Abu Dhabi Developmental Holding Company, ADDH), which owns 51 percent, and Wizz Air Holdings, which owns the remaining 49 percent. The carrier’s inaugural flight from Katowice to London Luton took launched on May 19, 2004, and it now has a fleet of 153 ultramodern Airbus A320 family aircraft.
SunExpress was previously permitted to begin operations in Pakistan by Pakistani authorities. SunExpress, a joint venture between Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa, has applied to begin operations in the country, and after the requirements are completed, the airline will take to the skies to serve passengers.
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has received the airline’s request, which will now be processed by the Aviation Division.
The airline would begin operations between Pakistan and Turkey, providing alternatives to customers who currently favor Pakistan International Airlines and other flag carriers.
With the demise of a few airlines and the admission of new operators, Pakistan’s aviation market is rapidly evolving. Earlier this year, British airline Virgin Atlantic declared that it will cease operations in Pakistan due to ‘poor yield operations,’ while Ethiopian Airlines announced that it would commence operations in the nation.