Pakistan will participate in a T20I tri-series in Christchurch, New Zealand, from 7-14 October, as part of their preparations for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup Australia 2022.
This will be a great opportunity for Pakistan to take on two quality opponents in Bangladesh and New Zealand, who are ranked respectively at number eight and six in the world. The second round of matches will see Pakistan take on New Zealand on 11 October and Bangladesh on 13 October, with the final scheduled for Friday, 14 October.
Pakistan will open their campaign for the T20 World Cup against India in Melbourne on 23 October. Then, they will play the two qualifiers on 27 and 30 October in Perth. After that, they will take on South Africa on 3 November in Sydney and Bangladesh on 6 November in Adelaide.
Pakistan captain Babar Azam said, “I am pleased that we will be featuring in the tri-series in New Zealand. This will help us to arrive early and not only acclimatise for the T20 World Cup in Australia but also give final touches to our preparations.”
“I missed the last series in New Zealand due to a thumb injury and look forward to playing cricket in Christchurch against two good oppositions.”
Pakistan will depart for Christchurch on 4 October after completing their seven-match T20I series against England on 2 October. Before the England series, Pakistan will take part in the ACC T20 Asia Cup, which is scheduled in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from 27 August to 11 September.
T20I tri-series itinerary
- 7 Oct –Pakistan v Bangladesh, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)
- 8 Oct – Pakistan v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (1200 PST)
- 9 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
- 11 Oct – New Zealand v Pakistan, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
- 12 Oct – Bangladesh v New Zealand, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
- 13 Oct –Bangladesh v Pakistan, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)
- 14 Oct – Final, Hagley Oval, Christchurch (0800 PST)