News channels have been a staple in living rooms across the country. News channels provide us with the latest information on current events and keep us updated on the ever-changing world around us. Pakistan is a country with a rapidly growing economy and a large population. As such, there is a growing demand for news and information. In recent years, there has been a proliferation of news channels in Pakistan, with many different broadcasters competing for viewers.
Here’s a list Most Popular TV News Channels in 2022.
ARY News is consider in Pakistan’s leading news channels that provides 24-hour news coverage throughout the country. ARY News was launched on 26 September 2004 under the name “ARY One World.” In 2009, the channel was rebranded as “ARY News.” A bilingual news channel that features both English and Urdu content, ARY News is part of the ARY Digital Network, which is a subsidiary of the ARY Group. ARY is an acronym of Abdul Razzak Yaqoob, who was the owner of ARY Group.
Owner: ARY Group
Headquarters: Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Network: ARY Digital Network
Launched: 26 September 2004; 17 years ago
- Criminals Most Wanted
- Hamare Mehmaan
- Sar e Amm
- Off the Record
- Sawal Yeh Hai
- 11th Hour
- Power Play
- Bakhabar Savera
- Aitraz Hai
- Jahan Bean
- The Reporters
- Zimedaar Kaun
ARY News newsreaders and journalists
- Adil Abbasi
- Kashif Abbasi
- Shafaat Ali
- Waseem Badami
- Iqrar Ul Hassan
- Maria Memon
- Arshad Sharif
First, ARY News has a strong reputation for being objective and unbiased in its reporting, and for providing accurate and up-to-date news to its viewers. Second, The channel is also known for its extensive coverage of Pakistani politics, with a team of experienced journalists and anchors who offer in-depth analysis and commentary on the latest developments.
Furthermore, whether you’re looking for breaking news, comprehensive coverage of current affairs, or informative programming, ARY News is the channel for you. The channel’s programming consists of news bulletins, talk shows, and magazine shows. The channel is available in Pakistan, the Middle East, North America, and Europe.
- Ary News is available on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- The social media presence of Ary News helps the channel reach a wider audience and engage with viewers in a more interactive way.
- The channel has a strong presence on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, where it shares news stories, video clips, and other content with its followers
- The channel’s Facebook page has over 2 million likes, its Twitter account has over 1 million followers and on Instagram has 3 million followers.
- On YouTube, ARY has 10 million subscribers
- ARY News is available in the United States via Dish Network
- It is also available in UK as ‘New Vision TV (ARY World)’ on SKY.
Geo News is a Pakistani pay television news channel owned by the Jang Media Group. The channel started broadcasting in May 2002 and is headquartered in Karachi.
Owner: Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman
Network: GEO TV
Launched: May 2002; 20 years ago
- Meray Mutabiq
- Aapas ki Baat
- Capital Talk
- Report Card (talk show)
- Naya Pakistan
- Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Sath
- Jirga with Saleem Safi
- Geo Pakistan Morning Show
- Aik Din Geo Kay Sath with Sohail Warraich
- Hasna Mana Ha
GEO News newsreaders and journalists
- Shahzeb Khanzada
- Shahzad Iqbal
- Muneeb Farooq
- Sohail Warraich
- Hamid Mir
- Saleem Safi
- Naeem Qasim
- Shajia Niazi
Geo News provides 24-hour news coverage, with a focus on Pakistani and international news. The channel has a team of journalists and reporters who provide breaking news, business news, sports news, entertainment news and more. Subsequently, Geo News is also known for its talk shows, which feature knowledgeable guests discussing a variety of topics. The channel is available in Pakistan, India, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
- Geo News is also available on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- The channel’s Twitter account has over 4.1 million followers and on Instagram has 1.1 million followers.
- On YouTube, ARY has 11.7 million subscribers
Ban on channel
- On 7 June 2014, Geo News was banned by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), a government media watchdog agency, for 15 days along with a fine of PKR 10 million.
- The government of Pakistan accused the channel of defaming and maligning some people in Pakistan
Dunya News is a 24 hour Urdu language news and current affairs channel based in Pakistan. It is owned by the National Communication Services (NCS) Pvt. Ltd. and its head office is in Lahore. The channel was founded by Pakistani businessman and politician Mian Amer Mahmood, and is part of the Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC).
Owner: Mian Amer Mehmood
Headquarters: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Launched: 1 December 2008; 13 years ago
- Ikhtilafi Note
- Cricket Dewangi
- Dunya Kamran Khan Kay Sath
- Dunya TV Special
- Election Caravan
- Khabar Yeh Hay
- Mazaaq Raat
- Meri Dunya
- Nuqta E Nazar
- On The Front With Kamran Shahid
Dunya News journalists
- Mujeeb-ur-Rehman Shami
- Kamran Khan
- Ajmal Jami
- Kamran Shahid
- Uzma Numan
- Ume Rabab
Dunya News was established in 2008. The channel is known for its center-right news policy orientation. However, it is also known for its unbiased approach towards news and, unlike some competitors, has stayed away from serious controversy. In addition to, Dunya News is known for its quality programming, and relies upon well-respected figures in Pakistani media to cement its reputation as a reputable media outlet.
- Dunya News has a strong presence on both Twitter and Facebook.
- The network regularly posts breaking news stories and other content on both platforms.
- In addition, Dunya News also uses social media to interact with viewers.
- The network frequently asks viewers to share their thoughts and opinions on various news stories.
- Dunya News has also used social media to launch exclusive online programs.
- Most notably, Dunya News launched Pakistan’s first ever live online show, “Dunya News Live with Talat Hussain.”
- The show is streamed live on the network’s Facebook page and allows viewers to interact with the host and other viewers.
PTV News HD 24-hour Urdu News channel is owned by the Pakistan Television Corporation. It also broadcasts as terrestrial television. PTV News is a cable and satellite news channel launched to provide updated news round the clock and inform viewers across the country on the latest newsworthy happenings on the national and international levels.
Owner: Pakistan Television Corporation
- Capital View
- 10 Tak
- Shahrah e Dastoor
- 45 Minute
- Sochna Hoga
- Sach Kay Sath
- Aaj Ka Pakistan
- Khabar Ki Khabar
- Dunya Kay 7
- Brunch Talk
- Subh e Pakistan
- Baat Karobar Ki
PTV News journalists
- Natasha Haseeb
- Farukh Patafi
- Dr. Shafaq Hira
- Maha Makhdum.
- Shabnam Riaz.
- Faisal Rehman Malik.
- Waqas Majeed Khan.
- Omar Khalid Butt.
- Taimur Shamil.
PTV News HD brings you the latest news and updates from Pakistan and around the world. With a team of experienced journalists and reporters, PTV News HD provides you with accurate and reliable news coverage. Moreover, PTV News HD is a 24-hour Urdu News channel owned by the Pakistan Television Corporation. The channel was launched on 2007. In May 2021, PTV News started broadcasting on youtube with high definition transmission to start from June, 2021.
Express News is a Urdu language Pakistani television news channel based in Karachi. It is owned by the Lakson Group, which also runs the country’s third largest Urdu daily, the Daily Express. The channel was launched on January 1, 2008. The channel is available in South Asia, Middle East, America, UAE, UK, Ireland, India , Bangladesh.
Owner: Television Media Network (Private) Limited (Lakson Group)
Headquarters: Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Launched: 1 January 2008; 14 years ago
- The Review
- Express News’ talk show, The Review
- To The Point
- Kal Tak
- Wo Kya Hai
- Sports Page
- Express Expert
- Center Stage
- The Expresso Morning Show
Express News journalists
- Mansoor Ali Khan
- Shahbaz Rana
- Kamran Yousaf
- Jawad Chaudhary
- Rehman Azhar
- Murtaza Rizvi
These channels are all widely watched and have a large following among Pakistani viewers. If you’re looking for news and information from Pakistan, these are the channels you should tune into.