In Bishkek, Pakistan wins four gold medals. At the 9th World Strength Lifting and Incline Bench Press Championship in 2022 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistani sportsmen took home four gold medals.
By taking fourth place in the Championship with four Gold, nine Silver, and six Bronze medals, the Pakistan strength lifting team made history.
India, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan held the top three spots in the Championship, which took place from September 5 to September 9.
Pakistan’s 11-member strength lifting team participated in men’s and women’s sub-junior junior senior master categories and performed well, winning 4 gold, 9 silver, and 6 bronze medals for their overall fourth position.
- Muhammad Usman – 85kg – won Bronze in Senior Class
- Sehar Saleem won Bronze in 58kg senior class
- Mrs Najjia Sajjad Shah of Karachi won Master 65kg class 2 silver Medal
- Ahmed Ali Shoaib 75 kg junior
- Shahzadee Gulfam won Gold and one silver after beating Indian player
- Talha Farooq of Gujrat claimed two golds in 75kg class
- Waqas Zafar – 95kg senior class – won silver
- Mohammad Naveed of Gujranwa won Silver in Senior Class of kg95 and one bronze.
- Nomaan Wahid in Senior Class of kg105 two bronze
- Rao Zafar Advocate of Mailsai – in Master Class of kg95+ – won silver and a bronze.
- International powerlifter of Punjab police Aqeel Javed Butt in Master 2 class of kg115+ won Gold and a Silver as he beat Indian player
- Manzoor Shaheen won 2 silver medals in Master 2 class of 95 kg.