Sheikh Rasheed, Federal Minister of Interior, stated on Friday that New Zealand made the unilateral decision to cancel the Pakistan trip, despite the country’s strict security measures for the team.
The federal minister’s news conference follows the cancellation of New Zealand Cricket’s trip to Pakistan due to a “security alert.”
“Earlier today, New Zealand Cricket told us that they had been notified to some security alert and have unilaterally decided to postpone the series,” the PCB said in a statement.
“The Pakistan Cricket Board and the Pakistan Government ensured that all visiting teams were safe. We have guaranteed New Zealand Cricket of this as well “According to the statement.