Arslan “Ash” Siddiqui, a professional fighting game player from Pakistan, won the Tekken 7 tournament title at EVO Japan 2023.
Using the character name Zafina, Arslan defeated KDF | Meo-IL, whose player name was Geese, 3-0 in the competition final on Friday to claim victory.
Arslan (Zafina) had earlier defeated KDF | Meo-IL (Geese) 2-1 in the winners’ semi-final and Varrel | Rangchu (Panda) 3-2 in the winners’ final.
Tekken 7 — Results
- FATE | Arslan Ash (Zafina, Kunimitsu)
- KDF | Meo-IL (Geese)
- Varrel | Rangchu (Julia, Panda)
- Watanabe (Eliza)
- Gken (Josie)
- UYU | LowHigh (Shaheen, Steve)
- Mulgold (Claudio, Fahkumram)
- Saint (Jack-7)
In Tekken 7, Arslan has already won three EVO championships. His earlier victories came in EVO Japan and EVO Championship in 2019.
Arslan stated in a tweet from yesterday that EVO Japan is “the hardest event ever.”
One of the year’s most prestigious electronic sports (Esports) fighting competitions is EVO Japan. Almost 5,000 people attended the three-day competition, which took place between March 31 and April 2.
The breakdown of prize money in each game is listed below:
- 1st: ¥1,000,000 (Est. $7529.90 USD)
- 2nd: ¥400,000 (Est. $3011.96 USD)
- 3rd: ¥200,000 (Est. $1505.98 USD)
- 4th: ¥120,000 (Est. $903.59 USD)
- 5th-6th: ¥80,000 (Est. $602.39 USD)
- 7th-8th: ¥60,000 (Est. $451.79 USD)