Following Islamabad, the Ministry of Interior’s Directorate General of Immigration and Passports has begun issuing e-passports from all passport offices around the country.
In June, the federal capital saw the introduction of e-passports. Speaking during the event, then-interior minister Rana Sanaullah said that the facility, which had previously been available only to diplomatic and government employees, would first be extended to residents of Islamabad and later to other countries.
The directorate turned to X, formerly Twitter, on July 25 to announce that the first-ever passport obtained using the Inland Online Application had been printed and dispatched.
The directorate released the following fee schedule for e-passports today:
- According to the timetable, the normal charge for a 5-year e-passport with 36 pages is Rs 9000.
- The charge for a 36-page urgent e-passport is Rs15,000.
- The standard charge for a 72-page e-passport is Rs16,500.
- The cost of an urgent 72-page e-passport has been set at Rs27,000.
- The standard charge for a 10-year passport with 36 pages is Rs13,500.
- The urgent charge is Rs. 22500 for a 10-year passport with 36 pages.
- A 72-page ten-year passport costs Rs24,750 normally.
- An urgent 72-page ten-year passport costs Rs40,500.
- Normal passport fees will remain unchanged, according to the timetable.
The fee schedule has come into effect from August 16, the schedule announced.