On Sunday, the federal government made the list of state officials who received Toshakhana gifts since 2002 public in accordance with the Lahore High Court’s (LHC) directives. On the website of the Cabinet Division, a 466-page record of the Toshakhana gifts has been posted.
The action was taken a few days after the federal government informed the LHC that records pertaining to the Toshakhana present given since 2002 were being “declassified” and would be posted online upon final consideration.
The government was instructed by the LHC to submit an affidavit on January 19 stating that the specifics of the Toshakhana presents are “classified,” under the LHC’s directive.
Former president Asif Ali Zardari also retained various items including:
- One BMW 760 Li (Security version, model No.2008) — assessed value Rs57,828,705
- One Toyota Lexus LX 470 (Security version) — valued at Rs.50,000,000 by depositing a total of around Rs16.1m
- He also obtained another BMW 760 Li white (Security version) (Model No.2004) — valued at Rs27,339,370 — by depositing Rs4.09m.
In 2013, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif retained:
- One Rolex Watch Oyster Perpetual N Series 0835D018 (over Rs1.18m)
- One pair of cufflinks with a pen (Rs0.025m)
- Four commemorative coins of the Central bank of Kuwait (Rs0.015m) by depositing Rs0.243m in Toshakhana
As per the details, Khan retained:
- One watch (Graff No.AU750) 18-carat gold and diamond assessed value Rs85 million
- A pair of cufflinks (over Rs5.6m)
- One pen (Rs1.5m)
- A ring (Rs8.7m) by depositing just Rs20.17m in Toshakhana
In 2016, Nawaz Sharif’s wife, Kulsoom Nawaz, retained one bracelet valued at Rs12.7m, one necklace and earrings (Rs41.6m) by depositing Rs10.8m.
Moreover, former premiers Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, Yousaf Raza Gillani; former finance minister Sartaj Aziz; ex-president Pervez Musharraf; incumbent Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and others’ names are included in the list.