The 200-bed “Institute of Cardiology” under construction in Dera Ghazi Khan (DGK) will become functional this year.
Chief Minister Usman Buzdar said in a tweet on Wednesday February 2nd, 2022.
Moreover, He also said that it will be a great blessing for the citizens of Dera Ghazi Khan and the adjoining districts of Balochistan.
Earlier, Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar on May 2020 laid the foundation stone of the Sardar Fateh Muhammad Khan Buzdar Institute of Cardiology, announcing that the 200-bed hospital will be completed at a total cost of Rs4.28 billion.
While speaking on the occasion, the CM said that Rs3 billion will be spent in the first phase for the construction of eight medical departments and other facilities over an area of 44 kanals in two years. “However, a 100-bed facility will be made functional in the first phase,” he added. He maintained that such a modern medical facility, which will benefit patients from all the four provinces, should have been established years ago as it would also help to lessen the burden on the hospitals in Lahore and Multan.
Furthermore, Sardar Fateh Muhammad Khan Buzdar Institute of Cardiology, Dera Ghazi Khan is the official name of the institute.
About the Project
Earlier, Infrastructure Development Authority (IDAP) accepted responsibility to execute a 200 bed cardiac care hospital in Dera Ghazi Khan. Moreover, the institute will provide the best medical provisions and all the necessary facilities to the individuals.
Moreover, The hospital will have the following facilities:
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Pathology Laboratories and Blood Bank
- Radiology Department
- Administration Block
- OPD and Pharmacy
- Cardiology Wards
- Pre-Post Angiography Ward
- Catheterization Laboratory
- Cardiac Surgery Wards
- OT Block
- Physiotherapy Department
- Dental Department
- Private rooms
Benefits of Cardiology Institute DGK
- Provide the city and scattered neighboring communities of South Punjab easy accessibility to timely quality cardiac care.
- It will make available cardiac procedures and surgeries at subsidized costs to the low socio-economic population.
- To provide specialized facilities for undertaking best practices for noninvasive and invasive cardiac investigations and treatments.
- Furthermore, It will ensure excellence in operative and post-operative patient care to minimize mortality figures in the region due to heart diseases.
- Moreover, It will make available dedicated day care unit (for admission, preparation, recovery and discharge) for day patients undergoing invasive procedures.
- It will also provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with heart diseases.
- Moreover, It will provide facilities for preventive cardiac care to deal with routine preventive checkups through noninvasive tests to detect any cardiovascular diseases at an early stage.
- Also, it will provide cardiac rehabilitation facilities to help patients regain overall strength and recover fully after a cardiovascular event.
- Furthermore, Implementation of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and HIMS which covers patient registration, record keeping, physical queue management, E-prescription, supporting IT interventions for EMR and medicine dispensation.