The Punjab government imposed additional limitations on Wednesday in response to the recent increase of Covid-19 cases in the region.
The limitations have been imposed in 25 districts, according to a statement published by the Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department, with the exception of “high illness prevalence” cities where a lockdown was declared on August 27.
“This order shall take immediate effect in the territorial limits of Punjab, except in High Disease Prevalence Cities (Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Khanewal, Mianwali, Sargodha, Khushab, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala, Rahim Yar Khan) and shall remain in force until September 5, 2021,” read the notice.
“However, this department’s even-numbered directive dated 27.08.27 shall remain in effect in Punjab’s High Disease Prevalence Cities.”
The limits stated in the notice are as follows:
- Markets will be open until 10 p.m., with Sunday designated as a “closed day.”
- Indoor eating will be permitted with a 50% occupancy limit for vaccinated persons until midnight, and outdoor dining will be permitted subject to strict adherence to Covid SOPs.
- Indoor weddings/functions with a maximum of 200 immunized guests will be permitted. Under the SOPs, however, outdoor weddings with a maximum guest count of 400 are permitted.
- Only those who have been vaccinated will be permitted to visit shrines.
- Cinemas will be unavailable.
- Indoor meetings will be prohibited, however outdoor events with a maximum capacity of 300 people will be permitted.