Prime minister Imran Khan also addressed the inaugural ceremony of the Naya Pakistan Qaumi Sehat Card in Islamabad today.
Prime Minister Imran Khan said that universal health coverage will greatly contribute to transforming Pakistan into a welfare state.
The health card will enable every family in Islamabad, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, and Tharparkar to get medical facilities up to one million rupees not only in government hospitals but in the designated private hospitals as well.
The Prime Minister said this is a defining moment in Pakistan. The weaker segment of the society can avail healthcare. Previously, only the elite class was enjoying this service.
He said we are following the two main principles that are uplifting of the poor and rule of law, in order to make Pakistan a true welfare state on the pattern of the State of Madina. He said we are executing the biggest ever health program in the country with a hefty amount of 450 billion rupees.
Imran Khan said Qaumi Sehat Sahulat Programme will establish a new health system in the country. It would lead to healthy competition among the government and private hospitals.
The private hospitals will move to rural areas, as we are facilitating them in land acquisition and import of medical equipment.
Punjab CM Address Sehat Card Ceremony in Islamabad
Earlier addressing the ceremony, Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar said all the people in thirty-six districts will be covered with this healthcare by March this year. He said four hundred billion rupees are being spent on the program.
Moreover, The Chief Minister said the government is constructing 23 new hospitals in the province. While the government is upgrading 158 existing hospitals. New hospitals will include eight mother and child hospitals
Furthermore, In his introductory remarks, Special Assistant on National Health Services Dr. Faisal Sultan said Sehat Sahulat Programme is a major step toward a welfare state.
He said the poor can treat several serious diseases free through this card.
How to Check Eligibility and Use Sehat Card
- Check your Eligibility: To check eligibility, send an SMS with your National Identity Card number to 8500 (9780 for KP). You can also check your Sehat Card eligibility by using this online tool or this Android App (Punjab Only).
Note: if your name isn’t appearing among eligible individuals, and you believe this is due to an error, you can contact this official helpline for further assistance: 0800-09009 and 0800-89898.
- Your CNIC is your Sehat Card: If you are eligible, you can use your CNIC card as your default Sehat Card.
- Gather Information and Documents Required: Select your desired empaneled hospitals for Sehat Sahulat Program. Take your original CNIC when you visit the Government/ Private hospital.
In case of a child under the age of 18, take their B-Form along with the CNIC of one their parents.
- Use Your Sehat Card to Get Medical Treatment: After reaching the hospital, you may approach the dedicated Sehat Sahulat Program counter for further assistance. The SSP staff will verify your eligibility through your CNIC and guide you to the relevant hospital department for treatment.
- Get the Treatment Free of Cost: The cost of treatment after the patient has been admitted in the hospital shall be charged from the Sehat Card.