Many users experienced problem after WhatsApp announced the possibility to transfer the chat history from iOS to Android. This article will ultimately assist you transfer your chat history!
iOS to Android Chat Transfer Compatibility
Compatible updates are WhatsApp for Android 126.96.36.199+ and WhatsApp for iOS 2.21.170+ in certain samsung phones only. You need a Android 10 or above, reset to its factory settings and the fully updated Samsung SmartSwitch app.
Steps to Transfer Your Chat History?
- Connect your Samsung on your iPhone with USB-C to Lightning cable (or using any adaptor)
- Open the Samsung Smart Switch app and follow the directions, so scanning the QR code displayed on your new Samsung phone using your iOS.
- After recognizing the QR Code, you can start a process to transfer general data.
- After reaching the home screen, open WhatsApp from your Android device and log in using your phone number (so the one used on WhatsApp for iOS).
- You will see an option to confirm importing the chat history.
- Confirm the operation and you will see your messages and media on your Android phone.
- WhatsApp will log out your account from iOS.
- So, you can start using WhatsApp on your new Android phone after some time.
You have Updated Whatsapp But It Still Doesn’t Work, Why?
Unfortunately, it’s still not possible to migrate your chat history to a different Android phone, but WhatsApp is planning this in the future. It’s also not possible to migrate your chat history from Android to iOS right now. Or there might be other requirements needed.