The University of Technology Sydney in Australia offers a fully funded Research Training Programme (RTP) Scholarship to students interested in pursuing academic excellence with real-world applications.
UTS, renowned for its unrivaled research impact and devotion, is Australia’s top-ranking young university, providing an exceptional chance for Pakistani students to obtain this fully supported fellowship.
Research Training Program
RTP is a Commonwealth Government Scholarship supported by the Department of Education and Training. The awards are given to students pursuing highly ranked intellectual research degrees who have demonstrated remarkable academic success and research potential.
The funding is intended for students pursuing Research Master’s (MRes) and PhD degrees.
The scholarship is worth the stated amount every year and is given to students to help with general living expenses in Australia.
- A living Allowance of $32,500 per annum (tax-free) is given.
- The duration of the funding is up to 3.5 years for PhD and 2 years for MRes.
A student must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a Research Training Programme scholarship:
- During the RTP Stipend year, you must be enrolled in a higher degree by research programme at the university.
- Receiving any similar prize or stipend that exceeds 75% of the RTP Scholarship stipend for Research degrees.
- Complete the prerequisites for the course for which you are applying.
Students must ensure that their applications are comprehensive, including all requested information and uploaded documentation, by the deadline. Applications that are incomplete or late are rejected.
Academic merit, research experience, publication record, and the relevance of the proposed research plan are used to evaluate applicants.
How to apply
Students are not required to fill out a separate scholarship application.
- New students must tick the YES box in the Scholarship/Sponsorship information section, while applying for the course.
- Students will be selected automatically for the scholarship and notified after submission of online application.
The session for the 2024 cohort opened on 01/08/2023 and will close by 15/10/2023. Click on the provided link to apply!