If you’re considering studying in Australia and looking for fully funded scholarships in Australia for 2024 that don’t require IELTS or TOEFL, you’re in the right place. Scholarships can greatly assist in covering the high costs of education in Australia. Here’s a breakdown of the information in a simpler and more concise format:
Scholarship Options in Australia
Australia Awards Scholarships: These fully funded scholarships are offered by the Australian Government. They cover all expenses during your study in Australia. While IELTS may be required for some, you can provide alternative proof of English proficiency, such as a letter from your previous institution confirming you were taught in English.
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships: Provided by the Australian Government, these scholarships support both domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees. RTP scholarships include an offset for tuition fees.
International College of Management, Sydney (ICMS) Scholarship: This scholarship, valued up to AUD$ 25,000, is awarded based on a three-component application process. It offers a tuition waiver for up to six subjects within an ICMS Master’s program and doesn’t require IELTS.
Australian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) Scholarships: These scholarships aim to promote emergency medicine in developing countries. ACEM offers up to AUD$30,000 to cover expenses such as airfare, accommodation, and living costs while the recipient is in Australia or New Zealand.
IPRS Postgraduate Research Scholarship: Valued at approximately $110,000 for a 3-year duration, this scholarship allows international students to pursue postgraduate research qualifications in Australia. It’s available for both Masters by research and Doctorate by research degrees, and you can apply without IELTS.
Estimated International Fees
- Undergraduate degrees: Average costs range from AUD$15,000 to $33,000 per year.
- Masters degrees: Average costs are approximately AUD$20,000 to $37,000 per year.
- Doctoral degrees: At the doctoral level, costs typically range from AUD 14,000 to $37,000 per year, depending on the institution.
- Exceptional Programs: MBA programs can range from AUD$11,000 to $121,000 per year, while Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) programs average $8,000 to $22,000 per year.
- Living costs in Australia vary depending on your lifestyle and can range from AUS $2,230 to $940 per week.
How to Succeed as an International Student in Australia
Despite the high costs of studying in Australia, many international students manage by working part-time and applying for scholarships. Scholarships can significantly alleviate the financial burden, and some don’t require IELTS or TOEFL scores as long as you can provide alternative proof of English proficiency.
It’s crucial to check the specific eligibility criteria and application deadlines for each scholarship and ensure you meet all the requirements.