It is a multi-faceted discipline that familiarize you with the past occurring and how they were interpreted and acted upon throughout the years. It is always fascinating to know the roots and the reasons for things that have happened in the past. While there are many more reasons to be in touch with the history, it always mesmerizes one with some amazing facts that have had occurred in the past and are widely believed in thought the years.
- Turks were worshipped as Gods: In 300 B.C These birds were worshipped and seen as God figures by the Mayan people. They were known to have power, prestige and sophistication that was symbolic for the Mayas
- Olympics used to give medals as a reward for arts: In order to honor the Greeks who used to hold art festivals, the founder of Olympic Games; Pierre de Freddy included fine arts to be awarded with medals. This included literature, painting, sculpture and architecture
- Forks were considered profane: Funny, isn’t it? Forks were seen as artificial hands and hence the power to create anything humanly was in the hands of God only it was seen as an offense to the Lord and highly discouraged and not adaptive at all
- Walt Disney did not draw the Mickey Mouse: As widely yet falsely believed by the fans but Mickey Mouse was not the creation of Walt Disney. Though he gave it the voice and abstract idea; the real animator of this iconic figure was Ub Iwerks.
- The Wall Street Crash of 1929 did not cause a spike in suicides: In a propaganda that many committed suicide with the stock market crash of Wall Street is nothing but a rumor. The number of suicides that took place were only 2.
Interesting isn’t it that we tend to believe blindly on what is fed to us over the years. However the reality sometimes is a little far-fetched. This is also one of the benefits of history.